- To ensure complete organization of all traders in Ghana into the ranks of united Traders Movement.
- To serve as a mouthpiece of traders in the country.
- To engage in and foster educational projects in the form of Workshops, seminars etc. with the objective of deepening and broadening Traders knowledge and understanding of National and International challenges confronting them so as to enable them make their struggle for economic and social freedom more effective.
- To secure the ratification and application of Trade policies, the enactment of legislation for the defense and promotion of the rights and interest of the traders and to oppose through constitutional means, legislation and policies contrary to the interest of traders.
- To resolve any impasse among member associations.
- To serve as machinery between traders associations and the government as well as the various stakeholders in the private sector e.g. Associations of Ghana Industries (AGI), Ghana National Chamber of Commerce, Private Enterprise Foundation (PEF), Federation of Association of Ghana Exporters (FAGE) etc.
- To seek the general welfare of traders in Ghana.
- To promote and provide opportunities through meetings, sharing knowledge and experiences.
- To solicit credit facilities in the form of loan, Overdraft, Grant etc. from financial and Non-financial institutions. e.g. Local and International Bank (s), International Monetary fund (IMF), World Bank, Donor Communities, International Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) etc. to assist member associations to augment the working capital of their members.
The 64 accredited Chambers which make up our network are trusted champions of businesses, places, and global trade. Together, we represent tens of thousands of businesses of all shapes and sizes, which employ almost 80% people across Ghana.
Working together, we help traders of all sizes to achieve more. We believe it’s our relationships with others that lead us to achieve goals beyond those we could ever achiever alone. We’re the only organization that helps Ghana businesses to build relationships on every level, in every region and nation of the Ghana.
Over eighty (80%) percent exists to support and connect companies, bringing together traders to build new relationships, share best practice, foster new opportunities and provide practical support to help member businesses trade locally, nationally and globally. Because we sit at the heart of local business communities in every part of Ghana. We are uniquely placed to help businesses of every size and sector to thrive.
Guta also provide a respected voice to the business communities they represent, ensuring their priorities and concerns are heard in the corridors of power. Our opinions are regularly sought by policymakers and parliamentarians and we’ve been helping to shape the Ghana’s business agenda for more than 20 years.